Saturday, February 2, 2008

So it goes...

It's Saturday and I am sorry to report my headache is hanging on for dear life. None of my meds are keeping it away for more than 4-6 hours. Once the headache enters this stage, the stress on my body immediately triggers my fibromyalgia. For those of who don't have fibromyalgia, there are times it is manageable and times where you just want to be put out of your misery. Fibromyalgia feels like the worst case of the flu you have ever had TIMES A THOUSAND! The muscle pain is unreal and just the smallest of tasks, such as walking to the bathroom, feels like you just completed a marathon.

Don't get me wrong! I do have good days and cherish them when they come. I think the hardest thing for me to accept has been the fact I am no longer a normal thirty-two year old mother of two. I can't go down the slide at Chuck-E-Cheese anymore or wrestle in the floor or hold them down and tickle them with love. The most heart-wrenching words are, "Mommy are you sick today?" Even though they are just eight and nine, they are smart kids; and quickly know if mommy is sick, little to no fun will be had in the house on that particular day. We do our best by watching movies and playing board games. Several times I have been awakened in bed with breakfast (toaster waffles but hey, it's the thought that counts) so I can relax a little while longer. My kids are wonderful and I love them very much and will never be able to tell them that enough.

So it goes...another day...another post.

No comments: