Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Long night

What a night! I didn't know what was causing all the leg pain last night but now I do...the storms heading our way. When the weather changes, the pain increases and is so unpredictable.

How are each of you doing? I have heard from a couple of you lately but would like to hear from all of you. Did you enjoy the piece on The Spoon Theory?

I will soon be going to John Hopkins for my three-month checkup. The scleritis has been quiet for some time and let's hope it stays that way. Scleritis is an auto-immune disease that causes inflammation in your eye. The inflammation causes the white part of your eye to deteriorate and show the next layer of the eye. It is currently only in my left eye but caused immense damage before the meds started working. I have a small whole in my left eye and there is a blue layer showing. It causes pain at different times but is so much better than when I learned about it in 2005. Surgery is not an option for the scleritis since it is an auto-immune disease.

Storms are coming as is the cold. Be careful!

No comments: