Today has been a special day!!!
This morning was the Giles County Relay For Life Team Captain University. There were many wonderful ladies there and I enjoyed conducting the university as well as meeting everyone. A big thanks to Whitney, their chair of Relay, for all her help.
This afternoon Madison, mom, and I attended my niece's (not the one from the job interview) baby shower. It was quite unexpected but she is taking responsiblity and I am very proud of her. It was a nice shower given by some very loving family members.
Tonight Madison and I went to a Lucky Ladies Relay fundraiser. We played Bunco and what a time we had! Madison and I had such a great bonding experience. At first, Madison was very shy and didn't want to play. Then, she saw how much fun it was and began to play. All the ladies (and gentleman) were so great to work with her as she learned the new game. We spent so much quality time with each other today and it was a real treat.
I look forward to spending a long day with Gabriel soon. He went to a Boy Scout event today and learned how to start a fire all by himself. To hear him tell it, the scout masters left them in the woods alone and all the boys were miles apart. (I am guessing 300 feet is a better estimate.) He said they sent them out with matches and then found them and gave them a bag of chips, his favorite. Since he won't eat hot dogs, his papa took him to Burger King so he wouldn't miss a meal. :-)
All in all it was a good day for our family. I will pay dearly for being so active today. Sunday will be a very hard day but the time with my family was well worth it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment