Monday, March 24, 2008

A Special Thanks

Today I would like to thank some very important people who have gone out of their way to help my family. Once you are diagnosed with any type of illness, you quickly learn who your true friends are. This has definitely been true for me.

Instead of naming names, I will post their actions so they will know who they are and how much it means to me.

  • No matter what time it is, this person is always here for me and puts up with my major mood swings. She buys groceries for me, keeps the kids, and dries my tears when I am crying.
  • These two people love my kids and me and have helped us during several holidays. I will always be grateful.
  • This person will text with me about our favorite shows (during the shows) and gives me so much encouragement. She is ready and willing to help start a support group for those with chronic illnesses.
  • This person will email me several times a week to check on me. She is also one of only a handful who has researched my disease so she could be more informed.
  • This person has been a friend of mine for several years. She will text me at least once a week to make sure I don't need anything.
  • These people, whom I don't know, read my blog daily and have sent me encouraging words.
  • These people have put me on their church prayer list and continue to tell me that they are praying for me.
  • This group of people hears from me almost every week. Even though it may be short notice, what I need they always have ready. If they don't have it, they always get it. I have known these people for a long time; and they taught me many of life's little lessons.

So many people have been good to me during the last three years. I am trying to let these illnesses make me a stronger person instead of a weaker one. Trying to see, the positive in my situation is very hard but I am working on it.

Please know how much all of you mean to me.

No comments: