Friday, January 23, 2009

The TV Show House

On Monday's episode of House, the patient had chronic pain and had been to seven specialists in three years. The whole episode hit very close to home. I wish I could put this episode on a DVD and hand it out to everyone who tells me...well, you look good. It is hard each and everyday and most days the pain is not visible. Please keep my family in your prayers, especially my kids. My illness is just as hard on them as it is on me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for sharing this. I will be commenting on it on our blog for National Invisible Chronic Illness Awareness Week and providing people with your blog link too. Hope you will drop by our site!

jesdenm said...

However, from what I have heard about the House episode is that, while it can shed light on our pain issues and how no-one knows exactly how we feel or what we go through, it does us a HUGE disservice at the end.

From what I have heard on other support groups for RSD is that they cure him of his chronic pain and he goes on to live a meaningful and pain free life.

Is this what we want people to think? That our incurable illness is curable because a TV show says that all the doctors we have seen have misdiagnosed us and have yet to find our "real" problem?

Please don't think I am jumping on you, I'm not. It just makes me mad that another show or group of people have made our cause not as important as it really is. Why can't the show House have a person suffering chronic pain and not be cured?

Hugs. Sorry to jump on you if that's how I made you feel.

Always pain free hugs,
Christine

http://AfflictedWithRSD.com