Monday, January 26, 2009

Clarification on House episode post

This morning when I checked my email I had a new comment on the blog from Lisa Copen. She put my entire post as well as the about me portion on her website, http://www.invisibleillnessblog.com/. This site had so much information on it. I had no idea there was an invisible illness week in September. We need to shed more light on this great cause.

However, I need to clarify somethings about my post on the House TV Episode. The episode did end with the patient being cured and leaving to live a life free of pain. Oh, how I wish for that day. Even though his outcome was able to be resolved and he did not have a chronic illness, I still am happy that chronic illness made it to prime time television. He had been to seven specialists in three years. How many of us have experienced that? I have. I went through three rheumatologists before finding the right fit. This doesn't take into account the neurologists, endocrinologists, and family doctors.

To me, this episode showed how chronic pain can wear on the nerves of the patients and families. Please know that I do not want to kill myself but being at your wits end is different for everyone. Maybe someday chronic illness will be depicted in a manner we all can be proud.

1 comment:

jesdenm said...

I love your take on it and appreciate you showing me a different view about the ending. It would be nice if they could for once say "Damn, we didn't cure him. There just is no cure." But in all fairness it wouldn't make good TV now would it. :) But you are so more than correct in that it sheds a huge light on the suffering we endure and the doctors that we suffer through also :(

Thanks again. :)

Always pain free hugs,
Christine
http://AfflictedWithRSD.com
http://blog.christineleiendecker.com