Monday, September 1, 2008

Stand UP to cancer

This Friday, Sept. 5th, three major networks will work hand-in-hand to raise money for cancer research. Here is a link to their website: http://su2c.standup2cancer.org/. The three major networks are ABC, CBS, and NBC.

All of you know, I am a major advocate of the American Cancer Society. As the networks begin in the fight against cancer, I ask you to get involved in the fight. It has been an honor and a privilege to work with the ACS and know that ninety-four cents of every dollar goes toward research, advocacy, education, and patient services. You can reach a representative 24 hours/seven days a week. They do not provide monetary help to patients but have a network in place to link those who need help to those who will provide it.

When I learned of the networks plan, I didn't know the date of the event. I do now. September 5th. My sister's, Janet, birthday. She would have been 42 and the mother of five and grandmother of one. This disease splinters so many families. Please help us keep families together so they can create memories each and every day.

Janet, I love you and know you would beam with joy at seeing Lexie. She is sitting up, laughing, rolling over, and recognizing faces and voices. I can NEVER replace you but will love her for the both of us. Your family misses you.

No comments: