Friday, September 5, 2008

Birth & Death

September is a month filled with wonderful memories as well as hard ones.

On September 5, 1966, my sister, Janet was born. She died on October 7, 2003 from terminal cancer. She was a wonderful sister, daughter, aunt but most of all mother who was taken all too soon from her family.

Peggy Wamble was born on August 22nd. She died on September 10, 2005, after complications from what doctors termed "routine" open-heart surgery. I had the pleasure of meeting Ms. Peggy on several occasions but one stands out in my mind more than any other. On May 10, 2005, a surprise birthday party was organized for Pj. Mr. Burton, Ms. Peggy, and Dotty all made the trip from Georgia. I will never forget the look on Pj's face when she saw her family. That trip was the last Ms. Peggy made to Tennessee. A place where she had many good times...the Celebration, seeing her daughter's first house, helping build the barn, and you can't forget her first horse ride made in the rolling hills of Tennessee one fine New Year's day. It was a pleasure and privilege to know Ms. Peggy. You are missed.

September 9, 1999, my daughter was born and is now turning 9. She is very excited. Her big day will be here before we know it and we are celebrating this weekend with a party at Chuck-E-Cheese. Talk about excited. She has been counting down for days. It seems just like yesterday I was holding my hours old daughter in my arms. I have watched her joyous firsts and not so joyous firsts. I love you, sissy girl!

My first niece, Amy, was born on September, 10, 1985. She was a beautiful baby and has become an outstanding young woman. I wish her the best on her 23rd birthday. Alabama will always be her home but for now, Tennessee is her home complete with new job. Have a great birthday and I love you so much!

We are not promised a certain number of days on this earth. Please tell those you love how much they mean to you the next time you see them!

No comments: