Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Emergency Room anyone?

At 5am this morning, I was in the emergency room with a severe migraine. The doctor on call was TERRIBLE. I would tell you his name but I can't say it or spell it. I tried telling him when my headaches get this bad, I usually need fluids with meds through the IV port. He wouldn't listen and continued to give me shot after shot in the hip (six total). The doctor didn't even ask about my migraines, the medicines I take, or what has worked on past trips to the ER.

When shifts changed at 7am, the new doctor came in and gave me an examine and finally got my pain under control. Unfortunately, he didn't start an IV either and now that I am awake I STILL have the migraine. The last time they didn't give me an IV to begin with I had to go back the same day.

Please pray that the pain will stop so I don't have to make another trip to the ER.

No comments: