In 2006, my divorce was final after a ten year marriage. Not only was it hard on the kids, but it was also emotionally hard on me. My diseases caused me great trouble but they were not the reason we divorced. Many other circumstances.
Since my divorce, I have not dated anyone. Mainly, I haven't dated because I didn't think my children were ready.
So, will I be single forever or can I find someone who loves me for me and can handle the chronic illnesses I bring to the table?
Have any of you experienced this and if so, what is your story?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
just found your blog and think it's terrific. I blog about couples and illness and have heard many stories about separation and illness, but also many stories about finding deeper connectedness and commitment. I truly hope you find the path that enriches you.
Of course you can find someone. What's funny is the minute I stopped looking (and I was basically single for 9 years) is the minute I found my now husband. We met playing cribbage on the internet of all things. This was completely out of character for both of us. 2 weeks after meeting on the net, I went from Canada to Kansas to meet him for 5 days...and never went home. that was 10 years ago this coming summer.
You just never know when the right person will cross your path. I honestly think the key is to not try to push/force the issue. You have to put yourself out there, but just have fun and do the things you enjoy and life will happen.
I firmly believe that everything happens for a reason. As for your chronic illness...who cares. Your soulmate will love YOU and not care about the disease(s). Like I said when it's meant to be, it WILL happen.
Just keep your spirits up!
First time poster here to any blogs whatsoever.
Finding someone who is patient and understanding of every thing that makes you tick is quite difficult at times. It becomes difficult to trust someone when you are not sure if there feelings are completely genuine. Meaning after a bad bout with your migraines or your FM flaring up and basically making you bed riden, the person you thought was perfect turns and runs or complains and gripes. I think someone God has placed on this grand planet is fit for you Ma'am. Someone out there has experienced every single ailment you may have and then some and there resolve and strength will be unmatched. They will show you all the Love and Patience that you could ever dream of and then some.
What I would wander is will your trust be repaired enough to let this person in.
To answer your question, No, I do not think you will stay single forever. Keep your heart open and your mind clear. God will present to you a very special person, I know not when but I trust in his grand design wholeheartedly.
Post a Comment