After a nice Mother's Day, it occurred to me that yesterday our family celebrated with many different levels of motherhood. One mother celebrated her first Mother's Day. It was my mom's forty-seventh. I celebrated my tenth mother's day. My oldest sister, Melanie, celebrated her twenty-third.
Janet's children were not able to celebrate since she is no longer with us. It would have been Janet's twenty-third Mother's Day. I know it hurt them for her to be missing. It hurts all of us. It didn't hit me how hard it was on them until I was opening my presents and saw their faces. You could tell they were thinking about not being able to give their mom anything.
It was a nice Mother's day; and even with the sadness in the air, our family enjoyed the day.
Lexie is really growing. I will try to post pictures soon for you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment