Friday, July 26, 2013

Five months

I don't understand. It makes no sense to me. Why can't grownups be just that?! Why can't they do what is right instead of protecting the guilty?!

First of all, for those who don't know, I started going to church in Columbia on March 3, 2013. For eight years, I had not been active in any church nor thought I ever would be again. However, as I listened to the speaker everyone else in that auditorium melted away. Next thing I knew I was writing notes about myself and what I wanted the preacher to know when I went forward and asked for forgiveness. After an Elder prayed for me, I asked the church's minister to specifically contact the youth minister and Elders at Church Street.

There are many emotions I hold for Church Street and the church of Christ in general. It has taken me hours in individual counseling to try and learn how to let go. It's not easy when you are waiting in line at the grocery store and told flat out you are going to hell.

When my daughter's world came to a crashing halt, she felt alone, betrayed, and like she was not good enough for CS. I can count on one hand how many people came to see if they could help OR to just listen to her side. She knew the lies that had been spread about her and chose to leave CS on her own. It was NOT my decision and I have not taken her to the DARK side with me. It is quite honestly the opposite. She has brought the Lord and a wonderful congregation into my life.

She loved Church Street and devoted her life to Christ because of many of the people there including the youth minister. When do we start caring about the truth and not the rumors? One thing I asked this year was to be a camp counselor as I was afraid Madison would have panic attacks since she had not spent a night away from me in more than 3 1/2 months and was told I needed to contact the Elders as per policy. The appropriate Elder was contacted and I was told had I truly been sorry for my sins and wanted to repent in the correct manner I would have gone to Church Street to do it.

Well, let's see. I had a traumatized daughter that was scared to even be in the same building as her father so it is hard to meet those requirements PLUS the last time I checked my Bible, it does not say where I need to ask for forgiveness. For that matter, I could have done it privately only. It is deja vu all over again. Wash, rinse, repeat circa 2006. Instead of listening to just one side ESPECIALLY when it concerns a child, please at least hear both sides. You never know what you might truly learn. Last but definitely not least, I have never claimed to be perfect or without fault.

No comments: