Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Well, you look good?!

Since being diagnosed with three chronic illnesses, I have heard these words more times than I can count. Why? Most chronic illnesses are inward diseases. This means most of the pain, whether physical or emotional, can't be seen by the human eye. When you are in immense pain and tell someone, the last thing you want to hear is...you guessed it...well, you look good.

With this blog, I hope to bring awareness to many different chronic illnesses such as fibromyalgia, leukemia, and other forms of cancer. Please join me on this journey. Maybe we will all learn something along the way!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know I've said it before but what I meant was "you are too cute and sweet to be suffering from so much" I will enjoy visiting your blog. Take care and know that Columbia loves you and yours.

Anonymous said...

Michelle, You do look good. But, that is what we work hard for because after all who really wants to look sick! I myself battle Lupus and Migranes and have battled cancer a time or two. I live a lie somedays because I would rather lie in bed than breathe but other days I am so thankful just to be breathing. Anyway, I really appreciate your blog and look forward to following your journey! KDW