Today is the second day of what seems to be one of my marathon migraines. If anyone is interested, my longest migraine lasted ten days and required two trips to the emergency room for injections. This migraine is trying to get better but then it is back for a second, third, fourth round.
Do any of you have migraines? If so, what helps you and have you found any trigger foods? I did the journal thing and so far, my migraines are as random as they come. Lately they are as often as once a week. :-(
The migraines always seem to fall on the days my kids are with me. This always adds insult to injury. I don't get to spend much quality time with them and they have to see mommy sick once again. They are wonderful kids and I want to be the mother who is always up and going and never stops...like my mother...but I can't. Not only do the migraines keep me from this but also the fibromyalgia.
Migraines and fibromyalgia make you, as well as those close to you, feel so helpless. For example, a trip to the movies, sometimes turns out to be an undertaking like no other. You begin to remember the days when nothing slowed you down and long for those days. Now the most meaningless tasks take away what you miss most...freedom.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I hope you still hold on to the hope and belief that you will be better one day because I DO! I never could have imagined all of this would ever happen to you. But please know even though I can't take on the pain, I will take the journey with you.
LOVE,
Amy Stokes
Post a Comment