Monday, May 18, 2009

F-U-N weekend but had to pay the piper

This past weekend Heeathe and I had all four kids, Gabriel, Draven, Madison, and Ghethe. On Friday, Heeathe, Madison, and I went on Gabriel's field trip to the Adventure Science Center. We had a great time at the moon walk and zero gravity exhibits. After ASC, the four of us went to Opry Mills and walked around and visited Madison's favorite store, Build-A-Bear. Then, we picked up Draven and Ghethe in Gallatin. They were very excited for the weekend to get started.

On Saturday, we all went to the Tennessee Renaissance Festival. It was so much fun. The kids enjoyed the festival and getting to see a real castle. After the castle, we noticed VERY dark clouds. Then the bottom dropped out when we got off the bus from the castle. We were all drenched except Heeathe. He is so proud of that fact. Here is a picture of us in front of the castle after our tour.

All four kids with the knight outside the castle.


I tried to post the pictures of us soaking wet but they wouldn't post for some reason. :-( You would have really enjoyed the before and after looks. After the festival, we came home and all got hot baths after the drenching we received.
On Sunday, my fibromyalgia really reared its ugly head. I knew after Saturday it would be bad but didn't think it would be as bad as it was. Heeathe was a great sport and kept all four kids while I stayed in bed ALL day in immense pain. Nothing seemed to help. I finally got out of bed when it was time to take Draven and Ghethe home. Still in pain but wanted to go with everyone. While I was in bed, the kids used our new slip-n-slide and they got soaked AGAIN but this time on purpose.
All-in-all it was a great weekend. It was worth all the pain but it will take several days before the major aches and pains are gone.
Hope you enjoyed the pics.

No comments: